Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Friday

It's Friday...
I love Friday's.  When my husband was working in construction a couple of years ago, Friday's were always a day I baked something sweet and special.  I loved that he walked in from a hard day of work to a pleasant surprise of baking!  I'm embracing this tradition at this time, while I have the time at home.  Today I'm baking Apple Tarts.  I'll let you know how it goes...to be continued. 


As far as home school today...we are studying temperatures.  Throughout the day we have recorded the temperature changes outside and inside.  I had no idea it could be 92F in the shade???  Again, the Florida heat.  Also, the expansion of water when it freezes.  I put water in a glass, put a rubber band just under the water level, and wah-lah! After a couple of hours in the freezer, the water level got higher!! So fun exploring these little things with a child.
In Bible, we are studying the life of Joseph.  It is exciting to share these true Biblical people with my daughter as I didn't learn about most of them until my adult years.  How I pray she embraces these teachings for the rest of her life. IF you have any suggestions on teaching Joseph, I would love to hear them!

It's chicken night as my daughter calls it.  Baked chicken, is her recent all time favorite!    Off to the kitchen I go! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment